The "new" Mineral Range
Railroad is a 4 mile long short line which runs south from Winthrop
Jct., near Ishpeming to serve a scrapyard and explosives company.
The railroad is reported to be owned by Clint Jones, who has operated
other shortline railroad ventures in the U.P. The line uses an
SW-1 locomotive, #600 - pictures at the right.
The old Mineral Range
Railroad ran in the Keewenaw Peninsula during in the late 1800's and
mid-1900's. It became part of the Duluth, South Shore & Altantic.