RRHX, the Michigan Internet Railroad History Museum, would like to
thank the following individuals who have contributed content to this
- Carl Bajema. Historical information about
northern Michigan railroads.
- Ken Borg. Information about swing bridges
connecting Zug Island to the mainland.
- Greg Bunce. Information about
E&LS and CN dispatch centers, timetable information.
- Paul Cameron. Photographs.
- Mark Dobronski, Scottsdale, Arizonia. Historical
photographs and interlocker information.
- Gary L. Franks, Perrysburg, Ohio. Information
about Maumee River bridges.
- Dave Fulkerth. Photos from northern Michigan and
the Upper Peninsula.
- T. J. Gaffney, Curator of Collections, Port Huron
Museum. Port Huron information.
- Ben Higdon, Kalamazoo. Roundhouse information.
Branch closures. Wrecks.
- Dave LeCount. Boyne City Railroad information.
- Alan Loftis, Farmington, MI. Many 100 year old
depot photos and postcards.
- Kevin Marthen. Moveable bridge information.
- Steven McDonald. Information about locomotive
- Fritz Milhaupt. Webmaster, Pere Marquette Historical
Society. Information on named trains from the Pere Marquette and
Grand Trunk Western. Also, bridge information from throughout
- Dan Meinhard. Photos of Port Huron & Detroit
- Graydon "Don" Meints, Kalamazoo. Railroad
historian. Research sources and numerous other contributions.
- Bill Moore. Upper Peninsula railroad photos.
Bill is from Muskegon, MI
- Nathan Nietering and the Chessie Chapter.
Photos and information about the CSX.
- Don Ross Collection. Historic photographs.
- Tim Shanahan. Photos of bridges and coal towers.
- Steve Shick. Moveable bridge information
- Ray Slate. Information on fatal train wrecks.
- Jim Slater. Depot photos, particularly those in
- Robert W. Smith. Photos of the Saginaw area,
including MX Tower.
- Bill Stahl. Moveable bridge information
- Bob Thatcher. Moveable bridge information.
- Brian Thom. Brighton, Michigan. Lapeer Jct.
- Kevin Toombs. CN dispatching information.
- Charlie Whipp. Many interlocking tower photos,
maps, and tower opening and closing information. Also, photos
taken by Michigan Central Railroad Engineer E. L. Novak.
- Mark Worrall. Historical information about
various shortlines. Historical photographs.
Also, the following texts and periodicals have been used to gather
- Detroit, A Postcard History. Bak, Richard.
Arcadia Publishing. © 1998.
- Detroit 1860-1899 Images of America. Poremba,
David Lee. Arcadia Publishing. © 1998.
- Ghost Towns of Michigan, Volume II. Wakefield,
Larry. Thunder Bay Press. © 1995.
- The Inside Track, Ann Arbor Train and Trolley
- Michigan Place Names. Romig,
Larry. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press, © 1986.
- Michigan Railroads & Railroad Companies. Meints,
Graydon M. Michigan State University Press, © 1992.
- Pere Marquette Power. Million, Arthur B. and
Dixon Jr., Thomas W. C&O Historical Society, © 1984