RRHX

Railroad:  Detroit, Bay City & Western Railroad

Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum

 

 

 

 

 

Railroad Menu

 

RRHX Home

 

MichiganRailroads.com

 

----------

Other Photographs:

 

Other Information:

 

  • A latecomer to the railroad world was the Detroit, Bay City & Western Railroad, which began building east from Bay City in 1910.  On October 27, 1916, it completed its last segment, from Peck to Port Huron via Tappan and the GTW.  Following financial collapse, the ends of the line were abandoned and the tracks from Roseburg north to Caro were sold to the Detroit, Caro & Sandusky Railway.  The line from Roseburg to Peck closed in 1937.   [from the Waybill, Nick Korstange, August, 1998]
  • A 1926 photograph of the trestle at Ruby, MI, near Avoca in St. Clair County.

Dale J. Berry and contributing photographers, all rights reserved.