RRHX

Station:  Haslett, Michigan

Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum

Also known as:

Pine Lake

Haslett Park

 

 

Ingham County

County Menu

RRHX Home

MichiganRailroads.com

 

According to an article written in the Grand Trunk Western Historical Society magazine Semaphore (8/01), the GTW reached Haslett around June, 1879.  The original name of the station was Pine Lake (which is now known as Lake Lansing).  It was then changed to Haslett Park, and then Haslett.  A new depot was built around 1900 on the west side of the tracks.  The location also had a water tower, which is shown in the accompanying photo from the Society archieves.  Photographer is unknown: