RRHX

Station:  Imlay City, Michigan

Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum

 

 

 

 

 

Lapeer Co. Stations

County Menu

RRHX Home

MichiganRailroads.com

 

The Grand Trunk Western depot in Imlay City, Michigan.  This depot was constructed in 1928 [RRSHS] and is now a historical museum.  This photo was taken in August, 1975 by Charlie Whipp.  Below, an earlier photograph of the Imlay City depot.  [Alan Loftis Collection]

Above, this is the right-of-way for the Pontiac, Oxford and Northern Railway which was built from Pontiac to Caseville through Imlay City in 1870.  Rather than pay on a long term basis for their share of a manned interlocking tower, the PO&N (later GTW) crossed the GTW below grade.  (The GTW was built through Imlay City 13 years earlier).  This view, looking south, shows the original girder overhead bridge for the GTW (now CN) main line.  Farther south is a new overpass for a CN industrial lead to the Vlasis Corporation, which was built sometime after the PO&N was abandoned in the mid-1980's.  Photos taken in 2003  [Dale Berry]  Below, GTW passenger train 11-19, travels under the Summers Road overpass at milepost 300 on the Flint Subdivision.  This photo was taken before 1914, the year that the bridge was replaced.  Summers Road is about 1 mile west of Imlay City.  [Charlie Whipp Collection]