Above, a 1916 photograph of
downtown Sanford, with the railroad, depot and a caboose.
[Alan Loftis Collection]. Below, A current photograph of the
Pere Marquette depot in Sanford. [Alan Loftis]. The Pere
Marquette (later C&O, CSX) served Sanford on their Saginaw to
Ludington line until 1987, when the line was abandoned and removed.
Sanford is about eight miles west of Midland.