RRHX

Station:  Pere Marquette Plymouth Roundhouse

Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum

 

 

 

 

 

Wayne Co. Stations

County Menu

RRHX Home

MichiganRailroads.com

----------

Plymouth Home Page

 

The Pere Marquette wye and roundhouse at Plymouth, Michigan.  This roundhouse was in the northeast quadrant of the Plymouth interlocking, which was an important junction of the PM's Toledo to Ludington (via Saginaw) line, and their Detroit to Chicago (via Grand Rapids) line.  Trains from Detroit to Toledo and points south passed through Plymouth when they changed lines.  This photograph is from the early 1900's.  [Mark Worrall Collection]  Below, remnants of the roundhouse in 2005.  [Nathan Nietering]

Above, C&O 5954 pulls out of the roundhouse at Plymouth.  Below, C&O Geeps are served at on the engine service track.  Both photos from 1972.  [Charles Geletzke Jr.]

Top of Page