Station:  Harrietta, Michigan

Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum






Wexford County Stations


County Menu







The Ann Arbor Railroad depot at Harrietta, Michigan, about 10 miles west of Cadillac.  Below, another view of the Harrietta depot, with what appears to be a freight house or warehouse and a water tower down the track.  [Both photos, Alan Loftis Collection]


Harrietta was named for a railroad builder who constructed part of the Ann Arbor Railroad through Wexford County.  The village was incorporated in 1891 and briefly renamed Gaston.  Manufacturing establishments in Harrietta included a sawmill, stove factory, and a chemical plant for the manufacture of alcohol and other wood by-products.  In 1901 the state built a fish hatchery on Slagle Creek near the village.   Bibliography.