Mine: Osceola Mine, Calumet, MI
Began → Osceola Mine → Closed
Owned by: Osceola Mining Company. Merged with Opechee Mining Company in 1879 to form Osceola Consolidated Mining Co. Taken over by Calumet & Hecla Mining Co. in 1909 and merged into C&H in 1931.
Produced: Copper Ore
Method: Shaft underground mining.
Railroad connection: Mineral Range.
September 7, 1895 - Osceola Mine, Calumet, Houghton Co. - Fire on 27th level - 30 fatalities
Closed from 1931 to the 1950's and permanently closed in 1968 after a labor strike.