Station:  Berrien Springs, MI

Interurban Bridge Berrien Springs MIBerrien Springs Interurban DepotBerrien Springs was located near the center of Berrien County, about 8 miles north of Buchanan. The town was settled in 1829. It had at least one other name, Berrien. It became the county seat in 1837 and incorporated as a village in 1863. The town was located on a Pere Marquettte railroad branch line which ran between Benton Harbor, Gallien and south into Indiana. The town also had interurban service for a time.

Photo info/credits: Top, a postcard view of the long interurban bridge of the Southern Michigan railway at Berrien Springs in 1906. Below, the interurban station in town, date unknown. [Alan Loftis Collection]