Station:  Coloma, MI

PM Coloma DepotPM Coloma DepotC&O Coloma DepotFormer Benton Harbor Crossing Guard Tower at ColomaColoma was settled in 1834 with shingle manufacturing and first called Dickerville. It was platted in 1855 and renamed. In 1893 it was incorporated as a village and then as a city in 1941. [MPN] Coloma is in the northeast section of Berrien County on the Chicago & West Michigan line between Grand Rapids and Benton Harbor (later Pere Marquette, C&O and CSX). The town is about miles east of Benton Harbor by rail.

Photo info/credit: Top, an early C&WM/PM depot at Coloma. 2nd photo, another early view of the depot and downtown area. 3rd photo, a newer C&O depot at the same location. [All, Alan Loftis Collection], Bottom, a crossing guard tower now on display at Coloma which was moved from its original location in Benton Harbor. [J. R. Valderas]