Ann Arbor Coal Gasification Plant
Located along the Michigan Central main line, northwest of the depot. This plant was on the Huron River, west of Broadway Street. It is the current location of the Amtrak parking lot.
The Ann Arbor Gas Light Company established a franchise with the City of Ann Arbor in 1858.
The legislation was replaced in 1903. In 1913 the Washtenaw Gas Company purchased the Ann Arbor Gas Light Company and established a new franchise.