Mine: Stegmiller Mine, Princeton, MI
Began → Stegmiller Mine → Became
Owned by: Messrs. Brotherton and Linsley of Escanaba, then by American Steel & Wire Co. in 1893. Oliver Mining Co. in 1908.
Produced: Iron Ore
Railroad connection: C&NW Swanzy branch
Stamp Mill/Pellet Plant:
46o 17.461'N - 87o 28.190'W. SW corner of Section 17.
On C&NW Swanzy branch in downtown Princeton.
Worked until 1893 and then shut down. Reopened in 1900 by AS&W for six months. Nothing further was done with this property until May, 1906 when the Oliver Iron Mining Company reopened it as an active producer. [LSMI-1909]