Railroad: The Amboy, Lansing and Traverse Bay Railroad Company
Built → Amboy, Lansing and Traverse Bay Railroad → Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw Railroad
Forclosure Sale to: Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw railroad in 1867.
The Amboy, Lansing and Traverse Bay Railroad was built from Owosso to Lainsburg in Shiawassee County in 1960. By 1863, the line was further completed to Lansing bringing the first rail service to the state capital.
In 1866, the railroad assigned rights to the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw for property from Lansing north, and in 1867 to the Northern Central Michigan railroad for their developing property from Lansing south (towards Albion).
In 1867, the line was sold by way of a foreclosure sale to the JL&S. The line to Albion became part of the Lansing Branch of the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern railroad.