Railroad: Hancock and Calumet Railroad Company
Built → Hancock & Calumet RR → Mineral Range RR
Built: 1885 - from Hancock to Calumet via the shore of Torch Lake
Became: Mineral Range in 1901.
March 12, 1930: The Michigan Public Service Commission authorizes the abandonment of the H&C between Lake Junction, Section 14 T55N-R33W in a northern direction to Osceola in Section 36 T56N-R33W, a total of six miles in Houghton County. [MPSC-1930]
This line was originally built as 3' gauge and then changed to standard gauge. Located in Houghton and Keweenaw counties.