Railroad: Onaway & North Michigan Railway Company
xxxxx → Onaway & North Michigan Ry. → xxxxx
Built: 1901 - lines into the forest around Onaway.
Operations Ended: 1930 - dissolved.
August 15, 1901. Incorporation. The Onaway & North Michigan Railway Company was incorporated by the owners of the Huron Handle & Manufacttturng Company. On September 9th of the same year, theLobdell & Baily Manufacturing Company purchased all the intersts of the HH&M Co. including the railway. This road had been constructed for the chief purpose of transporting forest products to the L&BM Co. plants in Onaway. There were 3 miles contructed as of January 1, 1902 and 6.5 miles by April 2, 1902. [MCR-1902]
According to early Onaway maps, the O&NM lines went northeast and southeast of town, crossing the D&M east of the Black Lake branch switch.