Railroad: Toledo, Ottawa Beach and Northern Railway Company (E)
Ottawa Beach & Southern → Toledo Ottawa Beach and Northern Ry. → Ended
Consolidated: 1906 - Ottawa Beach & Southern and Toledo & Point Place (Ohio corporation)
Completed Line: 1907
Operations Ended: 1927
This railroad served Toledo Beach (originally called Ottawa Beach) seventeen miles north of Toledo, Ohio. This line was sponsored by Toledo tracion interests and was run from Point Place, Ohio to the Beach. The road was single track with long passing sidings for the first few miles, then double-track the rest of the way to a loop terminal north of the each. There was a connection with the Detroit & Toledo Shore Line (steam) railroad just north of the state line. Passenger cars were all leased from Toledo lines, except for a box motor which was used to bring supplies north to the Beach. A side track at the Beach was used to park private cars of the various electric railways, as well as special excursion trains.
The line was abandoned at the end of the season in 1927. [CERA]