Print

Station:  Gaastra, MI

Gaastra was settled in the early 1880's and named after the owner of the land at the location.  The location was ideal for employees of the neighboring mines.  Transportation to adjoining communities was provided in 1915 with the extension of the Iron River, Stambaugh and Crystal Falls Street Railway lines to the village.  Village government was established in 1919.  [Iron County Historical Society information]