Print

Station:  Mineral Hills, MI

Mineral Hills was founded by the Mineral Hills Mining Company in 1906, which operated the James Mine.  Additional mines opened in the area in 1910-1912.  All locations in the area collectively became the village, which was incorporated in 1919.  A business district never materialized and the last working mine in the county - the Sherwood - closed in 1978. This village merged into Iron River along with Stambaugh in the 1990's. [Iron County Historical Society information]