Print

Station:  Stager, MI

Stager was originally called Iron River Junction. When the Chicago & Northwestern railroad built west from Iron Mountain, this was the split in the line, one going west to Iron River and the other going north to Crystal Falls. It was later renamed Stager. [MPN]

The C&NW built a station here in 1890. It is a simple rectanglar frame uilding 20' by 60' with a gabled roof and wide oerhanding eaves supported by wooden brackets. The depot was moved in 1971 to the Iron County Museum in Caspian. [UPM]