Station: Elmwood, MI

Elmwood was originally called Paint River when the Chicago & Northwestern railroad opened a station here in western Iron County. The station was renamed Elmwood in 1898. It was located on their line between Iron River and Watersmeet, about 14 rail miles east of Watersmeet. [MPN]


1887.  Water tower falls on section crew here, killing 8-10 workers.

1889.  The Lieutenant Governor of Michigan was killed in a derailment on January 28, 1889 near Elmwood.

1918. The C&NW had an agent operator here on the day shift. [TRT]