Print

Station: Beechwood, MI

Beechwood was settled in 1882 as a small farming community eight miles west of Iron River. The C&NW railroad arrived in town in 1887 and brought a wave of settlers. A branch line was built to the lumbering town of Atkinson and a wye was established at the beginning of this branch at a nearby location known as Hazel Junction. [Iron County Historical Society information]