Print

Station:  Beechwood, MI

Beechwood was settled in 1882 as a small farming community eight miles west of Iron River.  The C&NW railroad arrived in town in 1887 and brought a wave of settlers.  A branch line was built to the lumbering town of Atkinson and a "Y" was established at the beginning of this branch at a nearby location known as Hazel Junction.   [Iron County Historical Society information]