Station: Blanchard, MI
Blanchard is a lumber town which was settled in Isabella County about 1878. It was incorporated as a village in 1879. The town business district was destroyed by fire in August, 1884 but rebuilt. [MPN]
Blanchard was located on a Pere Marquette branch line between Edmore and Big Rapids. It was about eight miles northwest of Edmore.
Photo Info/Credit: The PM depot in Blanchard. [Alan Loftis collection].
1878 improvements. Coming to Blanchard, the DL&N builds a new engine house with two stalls, turn-table and water-tanks here. [DL&N-1878]