Station: Mount Pleasant, MI
Mount Pleasant is the county seat of Isabella County and located near the center. It was founded in 1859. It became a village in 1875 and a city in 1889.
Two railroads served Mount Pleasant. The Pere Marquette built a branch line here from Coleman in 1879 and the forerunner to the Ann Arbor Railroad built north into town in 1886 and then north in 1888.
Photo Info/Credit: Top and 2nd, the Ann Arbor railroad depot at Mt. Pleasant. 3rd photo, the same depot in 2004. [All, Alan Loftis collection/photo] 4th photo, the C&O depot at Mt. Pleasant in 1977, now a private residence. 5th photo, a 1968 view. [4th and 5th, Charles Geletzke Jr.]
1906 improvements. The PM erects a new depot here. [PMAR-1906]