Print

Station:  Shephard, MI

AA depot at Shepard MIAA depot at Shepard MIAA depot at Shepard MIShepherd was founded as a lumber town about 1857. For a time it was also known as Salt River. It was incorporated as a village in 1889. [MPN]

Shepherd was a station stop on the Ann Arbor railroad about seven miles southeast of Mt. Pleasant in Isabella County.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Ann Arbor railroad depot at Shepard. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the depot in 1968. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]. 3rd photo the depot in 2003 with a nice coat of paint. [Alan Loftis]