Print

Station: Brooklyn, MI

LSMS Brooklyn MI Depot LSMS Brooklyn MI Depot LSMS Brooklyn MI DepotBrooklyn was settled about 1832 and a sawmill built in 1833. It was also known for a time as Swainesville but was changed to Brooklyn in 1838. [MPN]

Brooklyn was located on the Detroit, Hillsdale & Southwestern railroad (later LSMS/MC) about10 miles west of Manchester in southeast Jackson County,

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Lake Shore depot at Brooklyn. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the depot in 1963. [Doug Leffler]. 3rd photo, a 2003 view of the depot. [Alan Loftis]

The LSMS/NYC had a water tower at Brooklyn as of 1926. [NYCtt1926]