Station: Francisco, MI
Francisco was settled about 1834. It was located about four miles east of Grass Lake County near the east edge of the Jackson County line. It was originally called Franciscoville but changed in 1877. [MPN]
Francisco was served by the Michigan Central railroad as well as the interurban line from Jackson to Chelsea, There were two different depots for these lines. [JCP/2014-1013] Francisco was the location of two interurban accidents.
1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger and freight agency. C. H. Plowe is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "FC". [MCOAS]