Station: Hanover, MI
Hanover was located in southwest Jackson County and was settled about 1836. The village was incorporated in 1885. [MPN]
Hanover was the crossing of two Lake Shore & Michigan Southern lines - from Jackson to Fort Wayne and from Allegan to Dundee. Hanover was reported to have at least three depots at one time, perhaps two passenger and one freight.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a view of the abandoned freight depot at Hanover. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, one of the passenger depots at Hanover, taken in 2003. It has been restored and is now used as a VFW hall. [Alan Loftis]