Print

Station: Leoni, MI

PC train at Leoni MIPC train at Leoni MILeoni was settled about 1830 about eight miles east of downtown Jackson in Jackson Countyat what is now East Michigana nd Portage Roads. It was known as a "whiskey town" and the center of a railroad "war" that won the area the slogan "Leoni against the world". The only structure remaining is old assembly hall, which is now a part of the Leoni Battist Church. [JCP/2014-1030]

1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a prepaid station with no resident agent. [MCOAS]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, an eastbound Penn Central train CD-4 passes Leoni in the early 1970's. 2nd photo, PC 3139 heading west near Leoni with train BM-7. [Both, Doug Leffler]