Station: Michigan Center, MI
Michigan Center was settled about 1834 here, about five miles east of downtown Jackson in Jackson County. The town was named because it was supposedly located in the east-west center of the State of Michigan. [MPN]
It was a station stop on the Michigan Central main line as well as one of the interurban lines between Jackson and Grass Lake.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a 2003 photo of the former interurban depot at Michigan Center. [Alan Loftis]