Print

Station: Rives Junction, MI

Rives Junction was settled about 1834 about eleven miles north of downtown Jackson in Jackson County. It was also called West Rives for its location in Rives Township. It was also called Eaton Rapids Junction but renamed Rives Junction in 1866.

This was a junction of the northbound Michigan Central line from Jackson to Grand Rapids (northwest) and Saginaw (northeast) branches which split here. A passing track was also located here between the two routes. For a time, the MC was double tracked from downtown Jackson to Rives Junction and it was controlled by directional automatic block signals. 

An interurban line also went north through Rives Junction and a power station building was located here. This brick building continues to exist as of 2014.