Jackson, Michigan - GTW - More photos
The Grand Trunk Western came to Jackson after the GTW purchased the Michigan Air Line right-of-way east of Jackson. (The MAL west of Jackson was developed earlier and purchased by the Michigan Central). Of all of the railroad "spokes" leaving downtown Jackson, this was the only line which did not end up being owned by Vanderbilt interests (NYC).
Photo Info/Credit: Top photo, GTW 1950 (an RS-1) is photographed on the GTW turntable in Jackson, before returning to Pontiac in 1962. 2nd photo, GTW 1515 and 1512 at Jackson in 1965. 3rd photo, GTW 1515 and 1512 at GTW's Jackson Yard in 1965. 4th photo, same diesel locomotives with their caboose in 1965. 5th photo, GTW 4901 on the Jackson local in 1963. [Above photos, by Doug Leffler]