Jackson, MI - NYC/MC - More photos (1)
Jackson was a major terminal for the Michigan Central. The yard and shops were centered around Elm Street, and included two roundhouses, and major locomotive and car shops.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, Conrail 4332 and 4365 (FP7's) at the Jackson roundhouse in 1977. [Rob Kitchen]. 2nd photo, Michigan Central locomotives at roundhouse No. 1 (old) taken from the turntable. [Charles Milliken photo, Doug Leffler Collection. 3rd photo, XXXXX. 4th photo, the MC Jackson roundhouse taken from the coal tower. 5th photo, the MC Jackson shop engine "E"with engineer Frank Uphaus in 1915. 6th photo, NYC 2373 gets washted at the Jackson Engine pit in 1949 [Doug Leffler], 7th photo, NYC 2374 with eastbound train entering the yard on the freight lead in the 1950's. [Doug Leffler collection], 8th photo, NYC 2387 with a diesel as a second engine is westbound at Wisner Street, Jackson in the 1950's. [Cecil Hommerdin photo, Doug Leffler collection], 9th photo, NYC 2833 at Jackson Junction in the 1950's. [Doug Leffler collection]. 10th photo, NYC 3102 near the Jackson roundhouse in the 1950's [Doug Leffler collection]; 11th photo, NYC 4018 at the Jackson Union station in the 1950's. [Doug Leffler collection], 12th and 13th photos, NYC 4022 leads the Wolverine, a nighttime westbound passenger train at Jackson's depot in 1964. [both Doug Leffler]. 14th photo, the NYC 5345 at the Jackson depot, highballing west. 1950s. [Doug Leffler]; 15th photo, the NYC 5201 crossing Cooper Street next to the Jackson Depot. [Doug Leffler collection]; 16th photo, NYC 6661, a 0-6-0 steam switcher at Jackson in the 1950's. [Doug Leffler collection].