Station: Richland, MI
Richland was settled about 1833 and known as Gull Prairie, Gull Corners, Geloster, In 1842 it was renamed Richland. Richland became a village in 1871.
The town was located on the Detroit, Toledo & Milwaukee railroad which was later converted into an interurban railroad. It then reverted to the CK&S/Michigan Central which truncated the branch here and back to Doster. It was reached by a connection with the CK&S at Richland Junction.