Print

Station: Rapid City, MI (Kalkaska County)

Rapid City was a junction on the Chicago & West Michigan (later PM) branch to Petoskey in northwest Kalkaska County. It was settled about 1891. It was called Van Buren and later changed to Rapid City in 1895. A PM branch line also went southeast from here through Kalkaska and into Missaukee County.