Station: Kent City, MI
Kent City was founded about 1873 in northwest Kent County. [MPN] The town was a station stop on the Chicago & West Michigan (later PM) line north to Baldwin. Kent City becamre a village in 1908.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette depot at Kent City. 2nd photo, the depot and a section of nearby downtown Kent City. Dates of both photos are unknown. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]
1908 improvements. The PM built a new depot here. [PMAR-1908]