Print

Station: Lowell, MI

Lowell MI depot Lowell MI depotLowell was settled in 1831 with a trading post. In 1847 it was called Danville but the name was changed to Lowell in 1851. It became a village in 1861. [MPN]

Lowell was located on the Pere Marquette Elmdale to Saginaw branch, on the very east edge of Kent County. There was also a crossing just south of town of the Grand Trunk Western line which was called Malta interlocking tower.

Photo Info/Credit: Above, a postcard view of the Pere Marquette depot at Lowell with a passenger train arriving. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the same depot under Chesapeake & Ohio ownership in 976. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]

1905 improvements: The PM a new scale at Lowell. [PMAR-1905]