Station: Rockford, MI
Rockford was settld about 1843 in north central Kent County. It was first known as Laphansville in 1848 and then renamed Rockford in 1866. It became a village in 1866 and a city in 1935. [MPN]
Rockford was located on the Grand Rapids & Indiana railroad (later PRR) about 15 miles northeast of downtown Grand Rapids.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Grand Rapids & Indiana depot at Rockford. 2nd photo, another view from the early 1900's. 3rd photo, a 2004 view of the depot with additions on either end. [All, Alan Loftis]