Location: Clifton, MI

Clifton was an old township in Allouez Township in Keweenaw County. It was formed to support the Cliff Mine around 1945.

Clifton was a community in Allouez TownshipKeweenaw County, Michigan, that was founded in support of the Cliff mine—a mine opened in 1845 by the Pittsburgh and Boston Mining Company after copper was discovered there. It is located between Calumet and Eagle Harbor, off of Cliff Drive, alongside US 41 in the Keweenaw Peninsula. A historical marker is present at the site.

After the Cliff mine exhausted the copper deposit, the town became deserted.