Station: Attica, MI
Attia was settled about 1851 with a sawmill. It was called Mill Station in 1867 and renamed Elk Lake in 1870. It received the final name of Attica in 1871. [MPN]
Attica was on the Grand Trunk Western main line between Port Huron and Flint and was about six miles west of downtown Imlay City.
1918. The Grand Trunk had an agent here around the clock. [TRT]
1945. The MPSC gives the GTW permission to discontinue Attica as a passenger and LCL station, remove the caretaker, and remove the depot. They were ordered to maintain a siding for loading and unloading carload freight. [MPSC-1945]