Print

Station: Dryden, MI

GTW Dryden MI Depot GTW Dryden MI Elevator GTW Dryden MI Depot GTW Dryden MI Depot GTW Dryden MI DepotDryden was settled about 1840 as Lamb's Corners and renamed in 1846. The town, in Lapeer County, became a village in 1887. [MPN]

Dryden was located on the Pontiac, Oxford & Northern (later GTW) branch line from Pontiac to Caseville in the thumb. Dryden was located about five miles south of Imlay City.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PO&N depot in Dryden about 1910 with a passenger train in front. [Charlie Whipp collection. 2nd photo, a passenger train near the Dryden elevator. [Mark Worrall collection], 3rd photo, the local freight train at Dryden in 1975. [Charlie Whipp], 4th photo, another view of the Dryden depot taken in the 1970's. [Jim Slater]. 5th photo, a 2002 photo of the depot. [Alan Loftis]