Station: Metamora, MI
Metamora was first settled about 1843 when an inn was constructed here. A store was added in 1850. In 1885, this town became a station on the Detroit and Bay City railroad (later MC). Metamora became a village in 1885. [MPN]
Metamora was about seven miles south of Lapeer in southwest Lapeer County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the MC depot at Metamora which a train in front. Note the lower quatrant train order/block signal showing clear to this train and stop to any northbound train. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, another more recent photo of the MC depot at Metamora. [T.J. Gaffney collection]. 3rd photo, New York Central train BD-2 meets brain TB-10 at the north end of the passing track at Metamora in October, 1956. [Ernie Novak photo, Charlie Whipp collection]