Station: North Branch, MI
North Branch was founded about 1856 as Beechville. It was renamed in 1857 and became a village in 1881. [MPN]
North Branch was on the Pontiac, Oxford & Northern railroad line to Caseville (later GTW) about fifteen miles north of Imlay City.
The GTW depot here was built in 1883 and was a "combination" style depot for both passengers and freight. It was razed in the early 1980's. [Charlie Whipp]
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the GTW depot at North Branch with a train in front. 2nd photo, the dedpot taken in the early 1970's with a cabboose holding up the rear of the freight local. [Ron Hagelmister photo, Jim Slater collection]. 3rd and 4th photos, the GTW depot in 1975. [Charlie Whipp]