Print

Station: Clayton, MI

Clayton MI depot with trainClayton was settled in Lenawee Ccounty about 1836 as East Dover. It was renamed in 1849 and became a village in 1870.

Clayton was a station stop on the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern (later NYC) and is about twelve miles west of downtown Adrian.

Photo Info/Credit: A postcard view of the Lake Shore depot at Clayton with an eastbound train arriving. [Alan Loftis collection]