Print

Station: Onsted, MI

Onsted MI Depot Onsted MI DepotOnsted was founded in 1884 when the Michigan & Ohio railroad came through the area. It became a village in Lenawee County in 1907. [MPN]

The M&O was never a successful railroad financially, and went through a number of ownership changes. It later was operated as the Detroit, Toledo & Milwaukee eastof Moscow by the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern.

Photo Info/Credit: Two old views of the depot at Onsted. dates not known. [Alan Loftis collection]