Station: Brighton, MI (Livingston County)
Brighton was founded about 1832 as Ore Creek. It was renamed to Brighton in 1838. It became a village in Livingston County in 1867 and a city in 1928. [MPN]
Brighton was a station stop on the Pere Marquette railroad main line between Detroit and Lansing.
Photo Info/Credit: Top and 2nd photo, views of the PM depot in Brighton. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a large number of people great this passenger train at Brighton. It likely was some type of special occasion or an excursion train. [T.J. Gaffney collection]
The Detroit, Lansing and Lake Michigan railroad had a water tower at Brighton. [COHS]
1880 improvements: The D&LN made improvements to its water tower here. [DL&N-1880]
1906 improvvements: A new water station was erected by the Pere Marquette here. [PMAR-1906]