Crossing: Hamburg Junction, MI
Hamburg Junction was a location on the Grand Trunk Western Jackson branch where the Ann Arbor Railroad left this line to go north on its own tracks. Later, the Ann Arbor ran its own tracks from Lakeland Junction to her which eliminated the need for the junction.
July 19, 1895. The Toledo, Ann Arbor & North Michigan has secured the right of way for a new line from Hamburg to Hamburg Junction, Mich. 3 1/2 miles, and also for a new line from Howell Junction, Mich., one mile long. It has also laid 3 1/2 miles of track on the Lake George cut-off and also on that from Temple to Clarence, Mich. A further cut-off is being constructed from Ann Arbor to Whitmore Lake, a distance of 7 1/2 miles. All these lines are being built to eliminate bad ciures and grades.