Station: Soo Junction, MI
Soo Junction was settled about 1891 and a junction between the DSS&A main line (St. Ignace to Marquette) and their branch line east to Sault Ste. Marie. When the branch was cut back to Raco, the junction was named Raco Jct. for a time. But it is generally known as Soo Junctiion.
The Toonerville Trolley runs from here north to a location on the Tahquamenon River where riders transfer to a boat for a ride to the Tahquamenon Falls.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a postcard view of the Toonerville Trolley which runs between Soo Jct. and the Tahquamenon River. 2nd photo, the Trolley at Soo Jct. in 1941. 3rd photo, a DSS&A maintenance shed at Soo Jct. [T.J. Gaffny]
The DSS&A had a water tower at Soo Junction as of 1907. [SSP1907][SOO-1/1991]