Print

Station: Allenville, MI

Allenville was settled by the Maretell Furnace Company around 1880. The company has charcoal kilns here. [MPN]

The location was 10.1 miles west of the St. Ignace railroad docks. Charcoal kilns were built at No. 1 Kilns statio which became known as First Kiln Stop in the early 1880's. It was renamed Allenville by Superintendent Allen P. Hulbert. [CB/MIHX8]